After spending a couple days talking to Lastpass support 2nd tier. we rooted down to the issue that DebianOS has an outdated Firefox-ESR version within their latest distribution (8 Jessie)
Currently Lastpass does not work on the old Firefox ESR 45, Updating to Firefox ESR 52 resolves the issue but it’s a tricky manual update to do so, here are the steps.
- Download the latest ESR release from this directory: https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/
- Unpack the release
- Copy the firefox folder contents to the following directories.
- /usr/lib/firefox (Overwrite all)
- /usr/lib/firefox-esr (Overwrite all)
- Do the following in /usr/lib/firefox-esr
- Delete firefox-esr
- Copy firefox-bin to the same location and rename it to firefox-esr
- Start Firefox ESR through the desktop shortcut.
- Check About Firefox to confirm version change.
Note: to undo the changes above simply re-install Firefox-ESR through Aptitude or a package manager.
Write your comments below and let others know if this solution works or if you need any help!